Trinity Christian School Graduates
Since May 2013, Trinity Christian School has graduated five outstanding classes of exceptional students from its secondary school. Graduates have gone on to a wide range of colleges and universities in Hawaii, across the mainland, and even internationally. While many are offered generous scholarships and receive other awards and recognitions, our alumni excel in different ways; some volunteer for mission trips, study abroad, or become leaders in their new communities.
2017 was a particularly special year. Not only were 100% of our Class of 2017 accepted to college, but they also amassed over $2 million total in grants and scholarships, with three out of eleven students awarded full tuition scholarships. We also watched our first graduated Class of 2013 complete their undergraduate degrees, with four of them going on to postgraduate study. Read about some of our 2013 graduates below, and like us on Facebook to see more alumni stories throughout the year!
Philip Bretz was Trinity’s Class of 2013 Valedictorian. He recently graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from the University of Oklahoma in Norman, and was a participant in the honors program there. Philip is currently working as a research assistant in the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Department for Summer 2017, and will start his Ph.D. track for Mathematics at the University of Oklahoma in Fall 2017.
Jenny Kimura was Trinity’s Class of 2013 Salutatorian. She recently graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, with minors in Printing & Publishing Arts, Art History, and Latin from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA. During her time at PLU, Jenny participated in PLU’s honors program, spent a semester at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom, and held multiple jobs in student leadership, which included being the Art Director of a student-run advertising agency. In Fall 2017, Jenny will be at Portland State University in Oregon to obtain her Master of Arts in Writing & Book Publishing, and will be a graduate assistant for the program. She will also be working with Trinity remotely as our Digital Media Specialist.
David Leong was Trinity’s Class of 2013 Class President. He recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California, and was on the Dean’s List for Fall 2017. During his time at APU, David was the Director of Communications for the Pacific Islanders Organization and was a member of the Men’s Club Volleyball team and the Real Estate Club. In Fall 2017, David will start his Master’s program at Rutgers University, New Jersey for Digital Marketing, and will be in a professional development program of supply chain management at Northrop Grumman.
Lexi Weidley graduated with Trinity’s Class of 2013. She recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Sociology from Benedictine University in Lisle, Illinois. During her time at BU, Lexi spent time working in the admissions department and as a teaching assistant for the Criminal Justice Department. She also interned at the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) for two years. Next, Lexi is starting her Master’s in Homeland Security with a concentration in Counterterrorism at American Military University.
Colleges & Universities Our Alumni Attend
- American University (Washington, D.C.)
- Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA)
- Benedictine College (Lisle, IL)
- Biola University (La Mirada, CA)
- Concordia University Irvine (Irvine, CA)
- Corban University (Salem, OR)
- Covenant College (Lookout Mountain, GA)
- George Fox University (Newberg, OR)
- Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ)
- Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI)
- Kapiolani Community College (Honolulu, HI)
- New St. Andrew’s College (Moscow, ID)
- Northeastern University (Boston, MA)
- Northwestern University (Orange City, IA)
- Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma, WA)
- Patrick Henry College (Washington D.C.)
- Point Loma Nazarene University (San Diego, CA)
- Portland State University (Portland, OR)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, TX)
- Texas Lutheran University (Seguin, TX)
- Trinity University (San Antonio, TX)
- Trinity Western University (B.C., Canada)
- University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI)
- University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
- University of Oregon (Eugene, OR)
- University of Richmond (Richmond, VA)
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Wheaton College (Chicago, IL)
- Windward Community College (Kaneohe, HI)